Q&A about the WikiAnswers Scholarship
Q:Who is eligible for this scholarship?
A:The following criteria must be met by all applicants:
- Applicants must be high school seniors or students enrolled in undergraduate classes in college.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States, Canada or the United Kingdom.
- Applicants must have answered a minimum of 50 questions on the WikiAnswers website.
- Applicants must be planning to enroll in undergraduate classes in a college located in the United States, Canada or the United Kingdom for the fall term immediately following announcement of winners.
Q:How are applications to be submitted?
A:There are a few ways to submit your application:
- Apply online at: www.scholarshipprograms.org
- Request an application by email at allisonlee @ bellsouth.net (no spaces).
- Request a paper application by mail at 4320 Wade Hampton Boulevard, Suite G, Taylors, SC 29687.
- Request a paper application by phone at (864) 268-3363.
Q:What constitutes a complete application packet?
A:A completed application form, including the signed Terms of Agreement, as well as a list of the 50 questions to which you posted your best responses on WikiAnswers.
Q:What is the value of the scholarship award?
A:During the program for academic year 2009-2010 twenty scholarships valued at $1,000 (US dollars) each will be awarded to recipients. Awards will be applied to expenses that relate directly to school expenditures, such as tuition, fees, books, materials, and any other expenses pertaining directly to your degree program. Awards may not be used towards room and board.
Q:What college may I attend?
A:You must attend a regionally accredited, public or private, two-year or four-year undergraduate college or university located in the U.S., Canada or the United Kingdom.
Q:How are winners selected?
A:Scholarship Selection Committee members consider the quality of the answers. Committee members include college presidents, registrars, financial aid officers, enrollment officers, and individuals from the community with a knowledge of and interest in higher education. Any combination of the above may comprise a committee.
Q:What languages are acceptable for submission of materials?
A:All submissions, including answers given on the WikiAnswers website, must be in English.
Q:How will I be notified if I am chosen as a recipient?
A:All applicants will be notified of the decisions of the committee. Letters will be mailed to the student's home address shortly after decisions are made.
Q:When must answers have been submitted to be eligible?
A:Students may include any answers they posted at any time prior to the March 31, 2009 deadline.
Q:Do answers submitted have to be original?
A:Yes. Any copyright infringement/plagiarism will result in withdrawal of the scholarship offer.
Q:Will modifications of answers made by other contributors affect how your submission is judged?
A:No, the Scholarship Selection Committee will not take edits by other contributors into consideration. Only answers to previously unanswered questions posted by the user on the WikiAnswers website will be evaluated. If the applicant did not answer any previously unanswered questions on WikiAnswers they will not be eligible.