Twitter As Professional Learning Resource


When I first tried to wrap my mind around twitter, I had the same reaction as many--what a trivial waste of time!
It's true that some use twitter to share every and any banal event of their lives. However there is real PLN (Professional-or 'Personal'- Learning Network) potential on Twitter. Many forward-thinking teachers and administrators use Twitter to post links to excellent learning resources.

I highly recommend giving Twitter a shot. Do a twitter search about your subject or curriculum interests and see what comes up. You can then choose to 'Follow' people who 'tweet' useful links. Once you're following a dozen or so people, you have created and are a part of a dynamic PLN.

I can be found @berkshirecat (twitter.com/berkshirecat) I'm reading: Twitter As Professional Learning Resource Tweet this!

No comments :